I Will Not Despair.

I almost had a little meltdown this evening.
Almost.

Sometimes I just feel so flustered, so out of sync with the demands of this hybrid college-work-home lifestyle. These never-ending list of marching orders make my head spin and, before I even realize, my world is seemingly spiraling out of control and out of my grasp.

I just cannot get it all accomplished.

Then the demands of a teacher in the classroom... my chest begins to tighten as I think about expressing my fears of failure. Seriously. The list of desires for my future classroom runs quite long, and I don't even know how to teach.

But I will not despair.

There is more to my life than this moment of frustration and confusion, more than feelings of inadequacy and possible failure. I'm trying to remember the moments of beauty and enjoyment, the moments of blissful contentment and success, the moments that are so much more present.

"Take a deep breath, count to ten, and tackle each task one step at a time."
- Linda Shalaway
And that's just what I'll do, friends. That's just what I'll do.

Comments