Thoughts of Thankfulness - Day 12: My Other Half

It's the twelfth day of the eleventh month - to you, that might not mean a whole lot. To me, it means something much bigger than a simple number on a calendar.

Today means that, in one month exactly, Patrick and I will be celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary and our 7 year anniversary of being together. Can it really be so?

It's incredible, really, when I stop and think about it. I'm so insanely blessed that writing down in words just how I feel is quite difficult - I want to be mushy and ooey gooey, but my feelings for my husband and best friend run so much deeper than that.

Of course I think he is handsome, eternally kind, ridiculously talented, extremely dedicated, level-headed, and always entertaining. Patrick is the kind of guy that has zero enemies... everyone loves him. I kid you not. I've never known a person who didn't like the man (I meet and exceed that quota five times over...). So many people admire, respect, and look up to him in ways that I don't think he will ever realize because he is just that humble. He works so hard to be the best he can be in everything he does.

My best friend, my husband, is the most supportive person I have ever had in my life. He always has my back and always, always believes that I can accomplish anything; he has way more confidence in me than I do myself. He is not that way with only me, though; Patrick is a wonderful friend to have in your corner. He will always believe the best about you, will always stand up for you, will always give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've loved watching him grow into the man that he is today. He has totally embraced the role of being the spiritual leader in our household - a role that he takes very seriously, and rightly so. Seeing him grow into this position and grow in his relationship with the Lord has been both a blessing and a personal challenge, exactly what it should be. He is always graceful, patient, kind, and loving toward me, even especially when I deserve it the least.

I could continue on forever, but the truth is that words cannot do justice in describing the man that I love with my whole heart. Sometimes I'm not good with words, but sometimes words just aren't good enough. All I can say is that I am so very thankful to call him mine.



post signature

Comments