Fabulous Finds

Yep, my page has a new look. And I LOVE it. Though I loved the last look, I was tired of the fall-ish colors. These colors will be nice for a while. :)

Can I just say that I love thrifting?
Yesterday inbetween school and work, I went to a local Goodwill. This particular Goodwill is a big hit or miss with cute things and I am not quite sure as to why. But I scored big (at least in my book) and got some great deals!

And the best part? I spend under $5!

First up - I think it is a platter of some sort? I really have no idea what purpose it originally served, but it is a great platter to put decorative items on. Right now I am using it as a makeshift candy dish in order to get rid of these not-so-tasty candies asap. But it has GREAT potential.
Especially for 99 cents!


Second up - a legit candlestick. It appears to be copper on the inside, but the outside is silver. Not sure how someone did that, but I need to figure out how to do it myself! It's really heavy and gorgeous.
And not a bad buy (as my most expensive purchase) at $1.99!


And third up - my FAVORITE purchase of the day! A vintage Hoosier Glass bud vase. It is adorable in and of itself, but it makes the find so much sweeter knowing that I have a collection to add it to (find it here). It has a great cut glass base that is similar to my candy dishes (found in this post).
And the best part? It was 99 cents!!


Sigh. I am in love. You have to admit, not a bad shopping trip for (including tax)
a total of $4.30!


We are having an ice day in central Oklahoma today. So last night while finishing homework, I decided to make Banana Nut Cake in case power went out (you never know here). I had all of the ingredients on hand, and I am so glad. Patrick was happy when he woke up to Banana Nut Cake and decided to have some for breakfast. Actually, we both ate it for breakfast! :)
Here is how it looks without the maple icing...


I didn't even get the chance to take a picture of it this morning with the icing before it got eaten up! Less than 12 hours after baking, here it is... yum!


Because I don't have class or work today (thank goodness - driving 50 miles round trip on ice is no bueno), my "To Do" list involves house work and homework. And we all know that those are not the same thing.

Thanks for a second free day in 1 week, Winter. You're the best!

Comments

  1. Awesome! I've never ever ever...EVER...come across such a cute bud vase in a THRIFT store non the less!!! What a steal! looks just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, right?! I LOVE it. I still can't believe that I got it for such a great price! Seems odd to me that a beautiful glass vase and a fake metal platter-thing can be the same price... but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the crazy thing about thrift stores. There are days I leave SO excited and others wondering why I wasted my time. You did awesome and GREAT prices. Makes it even funner when you get an amazing deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you get some great little bargains, and that cake looks so delicious.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, sometimes it is rough times at the thrift stores, but every once in a while I snag a steal! And maybe one day I'll get it together and post the recipe for the cake. It's one of my abosolute favorites!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment