Goodbye, 2012. I won't miss you.

This year has been a rough one. While I know that everything has happened because the Lord prescribed it that way, it has been full of all sorts of highs and lows.

2012 revealed many bright stars: My sweet Livy birthed her precious Ellie Joy into this world. My husband graduated from grad school with his masters degree and high honors, as well as an awesome thesis paper. My sweet sister Anna turned 13, and my seester Cara graduated high school, turned 18, and went off to college (officially starting in the new year). I had a couple of movie dates with my ever so busy momma ("One for the Money" and "Rock of Ages"). I rang in the big 2-5 with my family and a glorious Thunder game against the Spurs. I had the chance to take two incredible trips to Colorado and didn't have to pay for either one. I've spent some sweet times with my precious Youth girls and shared many hugs, laughs, prayers and tears with them. I've continued my education, which has given me the blessing of growing close to several special people and I am one year closer to graduating. Patrick and I celebrated 3 years of marriage and 7 years of togetherness on 12/12/12 and I'm still so blessed to call him mine.

2012 also brought many long, dark nights: The year began with my Grandmom going back into the hospital and took her away from us all. It brought the most difficult semester of my life - academically, emotionally, physically, spiritually. I lost my first grandparent and am continually worrying about the health and well-being of my other three, as well as worrying about my own parents. I said goodbye to far too many dear friends and family that moved so very far away and continued missing those who left long ago. I experienced watching my mother in law go through her journey of discovering cancer, removing it, recovering from surgery, and the trials of chemo. I watched my mother and stepmother lose their mothers and deal with the pain and grief that comes with such a loss. And as trivial as this is, the last pain of the year came on New Year's Eve with a silly, large paper cut on my middle finger.

Goodbye, 2012. I'm not sad to see you go.

Here's to 2013. I'm ready to embrace the glories, blessings, and even trials from the Lord with full force.


Comments