An Outrageous Sunrise and Simple Pleasures

God, thank you for simple pleasures.

As I peeked through the blinds of my back door this morning, you would have thought that I had seen something outrageous; actually, I did, but it was outrageously beautiful. The sunrise peeking over the trees, power lines, and a church two doors down was something that words cannot describe.

You see, I have a lot to do today. I'm sure that they either won't all get done OR I won't go to sleep at a nice hour, but that's not what I'm worried about today. In fact, I'm not worried at all today. I didn't even want to get out of bed, but my husband and my to-do list pulled me up and out of it. My coffee was already made, but I fell asleep in my makeup last night (oopsies) and that, as silly as it was, had me feeling a bit icky. Instead of moping around, God shocked me out of my funk with brilliant colors in my quite unappealing backyard, if you can call it that.

I literally GASPED when I saw the sunrise out my back door. I snatched my keys and ran up to the front porch to see if I could get a better look. When that was less than satisfying, I ran to the bedroom, stole my husband's slippers, grabbed my license, and ran to the car - pink pajama pants, robe, slippers, leftover makeup and all.

I chased the sunrise through the city streets. I snapped a few shots when the houses cleared enough space to see the sky. I went back home as the brilliant sky began to fade away. I walked back into the house, saddened by the fact that it was over and was greeted by the beautiful smell of my coffee-filled kitchen. I sighed a sigh of satisfaction.

The pictures, of course, do not do it justice, but they will have to do.


 



He's filling up my cup with simple pleasures today. THAT is why I'm not worried about today. It's a day for enjoyment, not stress or rushing around or anxiety or anything of the sort. Today, my friends, is all about the simple pleasures. Enjoy.

Comments

Post a Comment