Thoughts of Thankfulness - Day 1 - Small Blessings

Today is November 1st.  How the heck did that happen?? November brings so many things... cooler weather, shorter days, an extra hour of sleep (hallelujah!), but most of all it is the month in which we celebrate Thanksgiving.

In lieu of seeing so many people posting their first day of their "30 days of thankfulness," I decided that I would do the same thing, but instead of posting a short tidbit on Facebook that will be gone from my newsfeed and eventually my page in a matter of days or weeks, I will be posting about them here and actually writing about them in my journal. Gasp! My journal AND my blog?! While this might prove to be a bit of a task on the busier days of my life, I think it's high time that I post about some positive, uplifting things. I have so much to be thankful for, you know.

So what am I thankful for today, you ask?  A lot of small blessings, actually.

Patrick and I don't get to go out to eat together all that often because, honestly, we're pretty darn poor; when we do, it's usually because we're rushing around and didn't have time to make dinner OR because someone hasn't made it to the store to buy food for meals (guilty... wife failure #143,237) OR hasn't actually made a meal after all of the leftovers have been consumed (#143,238).  It is what it is.  However, tonight was a little bit different.  The Ginger Man was starving (starving, I tell you!) and I wasn't all that hungry because I ate lunch around 3:30 (surprise, surprise).  We decided to go to a local burger joint called S&B's Burger that we've been hearing rave reviews about for months.  It was nice to go to a small, quiet, no-frills place and not pay out the wazoo for a burger.  I actually was able to get a slider which is basically a mini burger - perfect!  The sweet potato fries were pretty darn delicious, too.




Today, I am thankful for the small blessing(s) of the Ginger Man receiving an actual paycheck today; without it, dinner would have been Ramen noodles and scraps, but the paycheck allowed us to eat such yummy food made by some other person's hands.  I am thankful for a husband who is willing to spend a few dollars in order to save my sanity.  I am thankful for a husband that doesn't criticize me or put me down for not living up to the ridiculous standards and expectations that so many other women have placed upon them (or expect me to live up to them, for that matter).  I am thankful for the fact that I have a car and can just hop on over to a burger joint and back (some people, like certain relatives living in the Caribbean, don't have that luxury).  I am thankful for delicious food at a reasonable price.  And most of all, I'm thankful for illegal live streaming television on the internet that allows this cable-less couple to watch the Thunder games.  Shhh.... don't tell! ;)


post signature

Comments