Plethora of Pictures

Warning. This post is a plethora of pictures.

Yesterday was the first day of An Affair of the Heart - an awesome local arts and crafts show. I went with my mother-in-law and had a blast. We shopped for almost 8 HOURS. (And I escaped with only spending $23!!) The first picture is a gift from Patrick's parents. They got one for their eldest son and daughter-in-law after they were married. I got to pick out the letters, mat, and frame; it will go over our TV in the living room! I love it! :)



The following pictures I will explain now.
The first picture is of these cuuuuute hair accessories - total of $11 for one headband and two clips. I love them! And they will serve as inspiration for my own crafts.
The second picture has two things. First: the books - Little Men and Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott, the follow ups to Little Women. Copyright of 1943, and they have a sweet message in the fronts of both. $3 each. The buttons are ADORABLE in person and will serve as functioning parts of my crafts. :) $3 for 30 buttons.
The third and fourth pictures are by far my favorite purchases. At 25 cents a piece, they are all foreign postcards. The LATEST dated is 1915; the EARLIEST dated is from 1887! I am so in love! No idea what I will do with them yet, but have no fear - it will be awesome.
The fifth and sixth pictures are of a letter sent to someone in Philadelphia in 1903. The actual letter is tiny, making the 5 pages of writing even smaller. This was among the purchase of postcards for 25 cents. Total cost: $3.


 


The postcards:

The letter:

All in all, yesterday was a success.


Today, I attempted something new.
For my whole life, my mother has made this amazing banana nut cake with a maple glaze. When I was a child, whenever I thought she wouldn't notice, I would scrape off the maple glaze from the plate and eat it by itself. It was just SO TASTY.
My mother never taught me how to make it, but today, I attempted it.
IT WAS A COMPLETE SUCCESS!
Man, what a tasty treat!
(Sorry, the picture might cause some to salivate. Or so I have heard.)



***I forgot to talk about the amazing deals I got at Borders. Next time!

Comments

  1. Hi Nicole! YUM!! Your cake looks fantastic!!! Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole~ You won my $35 CSN giveaway! Please contact me with your email address so you can get your gift certificate! Thanks for participating and have a lovely day! :)
    ~Clarissa @ A Little Stone House

    ReplyDelete
  3. wellll...what have you done with the postcards? ..table top? a breakfast in bed table top? or...frame them and make a collage on the wall with random picture frames and these envelopes? I'm dying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for all of your super sweet comments!! And I am ashamed to say that I have done JACK SQUAT with them! :( I have them sitting out to see, but inspiration hasn't quite hit yet. I am really interested in BOTH sides of the cards, so that poses a problem! If you have any ideas as to how I can display both sides, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment