September 11, 2010

Craft-tastic

Patrick and I went to the Farmer's Market this morning. We were able to score some pretty great corn, green beans, tomatoes, and a TON of huge juicy blackberries! I am making a blackberry cobbler tomorrow. And I am PUMPED.

Today was a crafty day with two of my favorite girls. It went really well! I have some very talented friends. They are a ton of fun, too. :)
However, I have had the block project in my brain for a few years and was determined to do it today. But Hobby Lobby didn't have what I needed! I felt like a 4 year old about to throw a fit, because I am so ready to do it.

ANYWAY. Here is what I did manage to accomplish:


The sconce is the one mentioned in my previous post; a wedding gift, purchased from Southern Living.
(Also, this is a picture from my phone. Obviously. No real camera anymore.)

I am ridiculously proud of this. Honestly, it turned out WAY better than I thought it would! I will be changing the foliage with the seasons, but I can keep this up until the day after Thanksgiving! That is, like, 2 1/2 months away!
I know, I know, it's leaning up against the wall. We are putting it above the fireplace, but we are putting up a makeshift mantle out of shelves first. I will post a picture when the whole look is finished.

Tomorrow, hopefully the blackberry cobbler.
Mmmmm.....

1 comment:

  1. HI there! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop! Lovely Blog!You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete