Changes

My grandparents are awesome.
Both of my grandmothers text me from their cell phones.
One of them is on facebook. The same grandmother that sent me a mix cd for my birthday (recieved a few months late through a few sets of hands, thanks to our craptastic postal service).

A MIX CD. How awesome is that?! But it gets better.
The cd is entitled "Wild and Crazy Music of the 50's".
What I love so much about it is, not only the content, but the fact that my grandma lived through that time period. The music wouldn't be considered crazy now, but I am sure it was then. She was around when that music came out. Today, Lady Gaga (yuck), Beyonce, Katy Perry, other various artists, can be put into that category of new "wild and crazy music", the same category as artists like Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Louis Armstrong, Bill Haley and His Comets back in their hay-day.

Our world today seems pretty crazy to me, but I can't imagine how it would look if I had been born before the late 80's. It's a weird thought. Every decade in the 1900's seems to have a theme. In my eyes, each decade has their "romantic" qualities about them. I say that I would have loved to live through each of those time periods. But the fact is that there has been so much change in the past 100 years, and I am sure that it was difficult for each generation to deal with the monumental changes that happened so quickly. Some were easier than others, but changes nonetheless.

It makes me wonder, what changes will happen from 2010 to 2020??
Thanks for making me dance and think, Grandma. :)
<3

Comments

  1. Fun read! This grandma wants you to know that Grandpa and I considered doing a number for the family reunion talent show, jitterbugging to
    "Good Golly, Miss Molly" but we ran out of time to practice so chickened out. Glad you finally got the CD and that you liked it. Love ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment